Patients by Insurance Report
The Patients By Insurance report allows you to generate a list of patients by insurance class and/or insurance code based on your search criteria. This report can be used to help you identify all patients impacted by a problem with a specific payer.
Let’s review how to access and filter the report.
- Navigate to the Reports menu and select Patients By Insurance.
- Complete the required Search Criteria, then click Search.
- The Company defaults to the company you’re currently logged into. Use the drop-down menu to select a different company.
- Narrow your report results by selecting a Practice, Location, Insurance Code, and/or Insurance Class. Otherwise, you can leave these fields set to all.
- You must select a From and Through date.
- For the Insurance Position, select whether or not you want the report to pull patients based on their current, primary, secondary, or tertiary insurance.
- Check the box for Include Zero Balance to show patients that have a zero balance on their account.
- The list of patients with their Insurance Class or Insurance Code displays below.
- To drill down further, click on the Patient ID to open the patient profile.