Diagnosis Code (Billing Exception)
Typically, a Dx Code XXXXXX cannot find lookup value rejection on the Billing Exceptions worklist is caused by an inactive diagnosis code. Let’s review how to resolve this error.
Start by confirming if a diagnosis is active or inactive.
- Begin by going to Admin and select Diagnoses.
- Check the Include Inactive box, and use the search criteria or click Search to view all diagnosis codes.
- The Status column will show if a code is active or inactive.
- If the code is active, email firstname.lastname@example.org to allow support to further investigate the issue. Please provide the diagnosis code and the related patient account.
- If the code is inactive, re-activate it by double-clicking on the code itself.
- Check the Is Active box.
- Click Save.
- Return to the Billing Exceptions report and reprocess the exception(s) for that procedure code.