Change Insurance Mid-Treatment
When a patient changes insurance mid-treatment, it is important that a new case is created in the EMR so that information flows into WebPT Billing correctly.
Company Settings in the EMR
When you start a new case, you will need to copy the original Initial Examination to continue documentation. This feature, by default, is disabled for all companies. To activate, a Company Admin will need to:
- Navigate to Company Settings.
- Locate the Initial Exam Case Copy setting.
- Toggle the radio button to On.
- Click Save Settings.
Add Insurance and Case
Let’s review how to add a new insurance to a patient’s chart and add it to a new case.
- Navigate to the patient’s chart and select Patient Info.
- On the Insurance tab, select Add Insurance.
- Enter all relevant details on each screen and select Ok.
- On the Cases tab, select Add Case.
- Enter all details from the original case. Be sure to select the new Primary Insurance.
- Select Ok and click Save Patient.
- Discharge the old case to prevent scheduling appointments incorrectly.
Copy Initial Examination
- Navigate to the new case.
- Ensure that Add Initial Examination is selected for Patient Record Actions and click the Play button
- A pop-up will appear asking if you’d like to copy the most recent evaluative note. Select Yes. As indicated, all diagnosis codes will be removed and must be re-entered on the SOAP note.
- Change the Date of Initial Examination to the Sunday prior to the Date of Service you will be documenting. This will ensure that all information from the IE will pull into the new note correctly.
- Switch to the Billing tab on the note.
- Uncheck Include Daily Note with this Initial Examination.
- Select Finalize Initial Examination and click OK on the two pop-ups to continue.