What's New with WebPT Billing
Looking to find out what's new with the WebPT Billing? You're in the right place! This page will keep you informed about our system enhancements. Please be advised that while we make every effort to ensure updates are released at the scheduled date, we occasionally experience unforeseen circumstances that may cause a delay. Don't worry, though—we'll continue to regularly update this page and provide ample communication for any changes.
⭐Looking to find out what's in the works? Click here!
Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
Added Bulk Payment Updates Page: To save Members time and create more efficient workflows, a new page has been added under the Payments menu. The Bulk Payment Updates page allows Members to edit specific information for multiple patient payments at once, including Check Number, Deposit Date, Batch Number, and more.
Click here to learn more.
Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 4:30PM PT
Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 7:00PM PT
Added New Limitation Permission: Members are now able to use a Limitation by EMR Facilities Permission. This Permission ensures that the Payment Balancing Report will use EMR permissions when determining which Locations the report can be run for.
Tuesday, March 29, 2022 at 5:00PM PT
Reduced Duplicate Denials: The Charge Audit and Charge Review pages have been updated to reduce the number of duplicate denials. Now, when Members choose to "release" any charges, a prompt to alert Members that additional analysis may be required before continuing will display with the following message:
- "This visit includes charges that have previously been billed and may require a corrected claim. Please visit the Claim Indicator page to generate a corrected claim if required. Pressing Save will release the visit."
Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 5:00PM PT
Removed Duplicate Lines on Failed Charges Page: When billers are working the Failed Charges page (path: Billing > Failed Charges) and select a Failure Reason, the details will exclude duplicate lines.
Tuesday, March 8, 2022 at 4:00PM PT
Added Hawaii State Excise Tax Report: Members are now able to access the Hawaii State Excise Tax Report under Reports > Excise Tax.
Added Place of Service Code 10: Billers are now able to use Place of Service Code of 10 (Telehealth Provided in Patient’s Home) along with the renaming of code 02 to "Telehealth Provided Other than in Patient’s Home".
Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 5:00PM PT
Enhanced Demand Claims: Billers are now able to view the Demand Claims page in a different format when pressing the Demand Claim button. This is helpful when an attachment needs to be sent along with the claim. Click here to learn more.
Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 7:00PM PT
Added Patient Payment Distribution for Supplies: Patient payments for Supplies will be applied following the Patient Payment Distribution rules to charges with Revenue Center 4 (Supplies). If there are no Supply charges for specified DOS or the charges have a zero balance, the payments will be distributed to other charges following the same rules.
Update Result Set for Pended Charges: On the Charge Audit page under the Pended Charges (P) column, all charges for a visit will be included if one or more of the charges is in Pended Status. Members are now able to view a new column which reflects the status of each charge on the visit.
- Previously, the Payment Code was not appearing when Members pulled the Payments by Location report while using Internet Explorer, having multiple tabs in Billing open, and changing Company. Now, if multiple tabs of Billing are open and Change Company is selected a message will pop prompting Members to close other tabs before changing the Company and Safeguards have been put in place for Internet Explorer. With these issues resolved, the Payment Code will now be appearing whenever Members pull the Payments by Location report.
- Previously, the Ledger Visit would display the incorrect patient payment amount. This issue has been resolved and now Members will view accurate patient payment amounts.
Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at 7:00PM PT
Improved Efficiency of the Batch Payments Date Range Field: When Members enter a Start Date, the End Date field will now automatically clear. This new efficient workflow will also work in reverse- when Members enter a new End Date, the Start Date field will automatically clear as well.
Updated FA-F9 Modifiers for CPT Code L3933: Previously when Members selected FA-F9 Finger Modifiers with multiple units for CPT Code L3933, only 1 unit was being transferred to WebPT Billing. This issue has now been resolved and all units will be transferred to WebPT Billing.
- Previously, the 277 report was closing dates of service that had not been worked. This issue has now been resolved and now the report will only close dates of service associated to the patient and dates of service that have been worked.
- If a charge amount had originally been manually changed to something other than the standard charge amount, the Charge Amount on the Error Corrections page was automatically being reverted to the Standard Charge Amount when any fields on the page were edited. Now, the Charge Amount will not be automatically reverted if any of the following standard fields are edited: Referring Physician, Plan of Care Date, Preauthorization, Modifiers, Diagnosis Codes.
- Previously, duplicate denials were being created. It was discovered that one reason for this was when charges had been in a zero status were updated - the update would cause them to be put back into a rebilling status, causing the duplicate denial. This issue has now been resolved and updating charges that had been in zero status will no longer result in duplicate denials.
Tuesday, January 25, 2022, at 3:00 PM PT
Error Corrections Page Data Fix: When subsequent payments are moved "To Insurance" on the Error Corrections page, the payment is being changed to MACRO instead of showing the actual user. A datafix is being made tonight for past payments with this issue while a permanent fix is developed. For these payments, we are unable to update to show the correct user's name.
For this datafix, the Created By will show as:
- Jessica Rock for RevServe
- Sharla Kohler for RevEquip
- Sharla Kohler for Self-Service (WebPT Billing software)
Tuesday, January 18, 2022, at 7:00 PM PT
Enhanced Batch Payment and Batch Adjustments Pages: Once Members are finished entering the dates of service and the patient search opens, Members are now able to use the Esc key to close patient search and remain on the same patient account. When on the Batch Payments page, this will trigger the cursor move to the Payment Amount field. When on the Batch Adjustments page, this will trigger the cursor to move to the Adjustment Amount field. Members are also now able to use the up/down and left/right arrow keys on their keyboard to navigate through transaction detail fields.
Defects Corrected: Previously, the chat feature in WebPT Billing stopped functioning properly. This issue has now been resolved and the chat works as it should.
Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 7:00 PM PT
- Previously, Group By totals were calculated inaccurately on the Payment Balancing (Full Access) report. This issue has been resolved and the Group By data on the report is accurate.
- Previously, the Failed Charge report didn’t display all failed charges. This issue has now been resolved and all failed charges will be displayed even if a Failed Reason hasn’t been defined. Please note: If a charge failed validation for multiple reasons this will reflect a higher number of Failed Charges.
- Previously, the Paid CPT Code report occasionally displayed a blank CPT Code and CPT Description. This issue has been resolved and the CPT Code and CPT Description will display on the report as intended. If the system is unable to retrieve the CPT Code Description due to an error, the following message will be displayed on the report: Unable to retrieve CPT description.
- Previously, some charges were missing on the Release Claim Delay page when they were included on the Claim Delay page which caused different charge counts on each page. This issue has been resolved and all appropriate charges will appear on the correct pages.
Monday, January 3, 2022 at 5:00 AM PT
Q1 2022 NCCI Edits: An updated set of Edit Rules released by NCCI will be going into effect starting on January 3, 2022 —99457 with 99091, 99487 with 99091 codes will now apply 59 modifiers to the code pair and 43 new code pairs were added. To see how to view all NCCI edit pairs built into WebPT Billing, refer to the Correct Coding Initiative read-only page.
Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 7:00 PM PT
- Previously, the nightly Charge Edits process was not as detailed in applying rules for Texas Medicaid. This issue has been resolved and the Charge Edits process has been updated so that the rules will apply based on the location that the patient was seen in, regardless of where the company is located. For example, if a visit includes a charge with Revenue Center 1 or 5 charge (Evaluation/Re-evaluation codes), then any charges with a Revenue Center 2 or 3 (Procedure Codes, Modalities) will be given an NC modifier so it does not bill - this ensures payment for the evaluation charge.
December 7, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Updated Error Corrections Page: On the Error Corrections page, when the Transfer Insurance Code field is updated on a transaction, the balance will update, but the charge will no longer rebill and go through scrubbing. To rebill a charge, simply select the Rebill option on the charge itself.
- Previously, notes in Box 19 weren’t visible on the Demand Claims preview. This issue has been resolved and the notes in the preview will be visible from Box 19.
- Previously, an extra $0.01 was added to the transfer amount on the final line entered on the Batch Payments page. This issue has been resolved and the correct will be displayed.
- Previously, the taxonomy code on demanded claims didn’t display. This issue has been resolved and the taxonomy code will be visible under the Payer group when demanding claims.
- Previously, when Patient Statements settings were configured to print the Location address, it incorrectly printed the Company address. This issue has been resolved and the Patient Statements will print Location address when set to the specific setting.
- Previously, custom NPIs didn’t display printed demand claims. This issue has been resolved and custom formatting will be displayed.
- Previously, the Exception Reason had difficulties populating on the Reports > Billing Exceptions page. This issue has been resolved and the reason will appear when possible. If the system is unable to determine the reason, users will be shown an Exception Reason stating to contact Support.
- On the Failed Charges page, after drilling into a Failed Charge Reason the description of the failure wasn’t displayed at the top of the page. This issue has been resolved and the Failed Rule Description appears at the top of the page and provides more detail on the failure and how to resolve it.
- On the Failed Charges page, the Reprocess button appeared on pages other than the detail page. This issue has been resolved and the Reprocess button will only display on the detail page when a charge line is selected.
- Previously, credit card information was included on statements even when NC was selected for Credit Card Type at the Company setting page. This issue has been resolved and credit card information will not be included as intended when NC is selected.
- Previously, when attempting to edit a case, some users received an error message stating: “Ouch! You've bumped heads with another user. Refresh to get the latest data.” This error was displayed in error and has been resolved.
- On the Error Corrections page, when the Transfer Insurance Code field is updated on a transaction, the balance will update but the charge will no longer rebill and go through scrubbing. To rebill a charge, simply select the Rebill option on the charge itself.
November 18, 2021 at 4:00 PM PT
Enhanced 835 Company Summary Report: A 1-year (366-day) limit has been added to the 835 Company Summary report.
- Previously, not all charges appeared on the Release Claim Delay page when compared to the Delayed Claims page due to an unused field. The unused field has been removed and the reports will now match.
November 16, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Converted Place of Service Summary Charge Stats Report: The Place of Service Summary Charge Stats report is now available in WebPT Billing. The report has been renamed to Location Summary Charge Stats and can be accessed by any user who had permission to the report in R4 and select Self Service roles.
- Previously, when attempting to re-run a batch of claims, some hard-coded values caused the process to not work as expected. This issue has been resolved and re-runs will work as intended.
November 2, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Enhanced Batch Updates Page: The Batch Updates page will now display an alert when the search criteria returns more than 5,000 records. The first 5,00 records will be shown. If less results are needed, please refine the search criteria.
Convert Associated Payments by DOS Report: The Associated Payments by DOS report has been converted from RevFlow (R4) to WebPT Billing with the same access as previously granted in RevFlow (R4).
Converted Practice Transactions by Month Report: The Practice Transactions by Month report will be converted from RevFlow (R4) to WebPT Billing with the same access as previously granted in RevFlow (R4).
Converted Paid CPT Code Report: The Paid CPT Code report has been converted from RevFlow (R4) to WebPT Billing with the same access as previously granted in RevFlow (R4).
Converted Monthly Transactions Summary Report:The Monthly Transactions Summary report has been converted from RevFlow (R4) to WebPT Billing with the same access as previously granted in RevFlow (R4).
Updated Failed Charges Page: On the Failed Charges page (path: Billing > Failed Charges), the "group by" functionality has been added.
Updated Case History Editing Capabilities: When two users are editing the same case, a message will now display indicating that. The first user to save will have their data updated. The second user will be asked to refresh their page, in order to start with the updated information.
- Previously, when sorting the payments in the Patient Payment Log by date, the dates were sorted by month and not by the entire date. This issue has been resolved and the payments will now sort by date.
- Previously, the main page of the Payment Tracking Summary didn’t match the details on the drill down page. This has been corrected, and both pages should now match.
- Previously, an error message occurred on the Cross Company Summary page. This issue has been resolved and an error will no longer display.
- Previously, when a credit card authorization number was entered for a payment, that number didn’t display on the Error Corrections or Batch Payments pages. This issue has been resolved and the payment will display correctly.
October 28, 2021 at 3:45 PM PT (Analytics)
- Previously, Members access to Comparison Charts was incorrectly removed. This issue has been resolved and access shouldn’t be removed unless an administrator has made changes to the user profile.
Relocated Account Receivable and Charge Payment Reports: In order to centralize reports for specific workflows, the following reports have been moved from Analytics and into WebPT Billing:
- Accounts Receivable Analysis Grid
- Aging A/R
- Location Summary
- Patient Statement Listing
- Charge Claim Delay Summary
- Monthly Transaction Summary
- Charge Detail
- CPT Code Charge
- Payment Detail
- Fully Paid Claims by Visit
- Paid CPT Code
- Provider Summary
- Charge Claim Delay Summary
- Payment Detail
- Roll forward reports
- Distributed Payments
- Medicare Costs by DOS
Additionally, the Accounts Receivable and Charges and Payments sub menus will have similar reports built in WebPT Billing. The Denial Reports will be temporarily hidden from Analytics in order to address discrepancies and feedback. We’ll be tentatively re-enabling Denial Reports in 2022. Please reference this crosswalk for a find RevFlow reports in Analytics or WebPT Billing.
Updated Management Report Card: The Management Report Card was updated to include the Timed Units Per Visit and Untimed Units Per Visit columns as previously included in the RevFlow (R4) report.
October 28, 2021 at 3:15 PM PT
Added Single Sign-On Navigation from Billing to Analytics: Users with access to Analytics will now see the Analytics icon on the top right corner of WebPT Billing when Single Sign-On has been enabled. Click here for Single Sign-On instructions.
October 26, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Added Admin Access to Payers Page: Self Service Admin Members can now access the Payers page in order to add Company Specific Overrides to existing payers—such as changing a Payer Group from electronic to paper. Previously this page was not available.
October 21, 2021 at 3:50 PM PT
Claim Scrubbing Updates: For charges that exceed 10 units, such as procedure 97750, the entire active billable visit will be placed in P status for review on the Charge Audit. This will help prevent partial visits from being billed out.
October 19, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Converted Forecast Summary Report: The Forecast Summary report will be converted from RevFlow (R4) to WebPT Billing so that clinic managers can continue to access KPIs.
Converted Location Summary Report (Previously Known as POS Summary Report): The Location Summary report (previously known as the POS Summary report) has been converted from RevFlow (R4) to WebPT Billing with the same access as previously granted.
October 11, 2021 at 3:45 PM PT
Analytics - Adding New Patients Column to Month End Trends: A "New Patients" column—currently on the RevFlow (R4) Month End Trends report (Monthly Stats by POS)—will be added to the Month End Trends report to achieve parity between the versions and continue to enable Billing users to see the number of new patients for the given month. Click here to learn more.
Analytics - Including Insurance Class Aging Summary in Month End Reports: The Analytics portal for Month End reports now includes Insurance Class Aging Summary (equivalent to InsClass Aging by Current Insurance in RevFlow (R4). This is different from the existing Insurance Class Aging Summary, which was renamed to Insurance Class Aging Minus Liens and Credits. This report will only cover the initial panel in InsClass Aging by Current Insurance in RevFlow (R4). A separate report named Insurance Class Aging Detail will cover the details. This is the RevFlow (R4) report that’s being replaced in Analytics.
October 5, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Converted and Renamed Place of Summary Report: The Location Summary report (previously called POS Summary report) has been converted from RevFlow (R4) to WebPT Billing with the same access.
Converted Paid Claims By Financial Class By Visit: The Paid Claims by Financial Class by Visit report has been converted from RevFlow (R4) to WebPT Billing and is found under the Reports menu. This report is available for all Roles that had access in RevFlow (R4) and select Self Service roles.
Converted Minnesota Care Tax Report: The Minnesota Care Tax report has been converted from RevFlow (R4) to WebPT Billing and is found under the Reports menu. This report is available for all Roles that had access in RevFlow (R4) and select Self Service roles.
Converted OTC Supply Report by Patient: The OTC Supply Report by Patient report has been converted from RevFlow (R4) to WebPT Billing and is found under the Reports menu. This report is available for all Roles that had access in R4 and select Self Service roles.
Converted Cross Clinic Key Metrics Report: The Cross Clinic Key Metrics report is now available in WebPT Billing. This will allow comparisons of RCM KPIs across hubs.
Converted Distributed Payments Report: The Distributed Payments report is now available in WebPT Billing. The menu path is Reports > Distributed Payments.
Updated Role Access on Payment and Adjustment Code Pages: The following Roles now have the ability to see, print, and export the Payments > Payment Code and the Payments > Adjustment Code pages in WebPT Billing:
- Practice Admin
- Practice Admin Billing
- Practice Admin WebPT Integration
- Partner Payment Poster
- Partner CSR and Payment Poster
- Practice Admin
- Practice Admin Billing
- Practice Admin WebPT Integration
Added RevFlow Task Details to WebPT Billing: The details for tasks entered in RevFlow will now be available in WebPT Billing, under Account Notes.
- Previously, the charge drill downs on the InsClass Aging by Current Insurance report weren’t calculated correctly on the summary page. This issue has been resolved and the drill downs will be calculated correctly.
- When using Single Sign On functionality, a modification has been made to allow the Billing tab to remain active as long as the EMR tab is active.
October 1, 2021 at 6:00 PM PT
Analytics- Month-End Reporting: New month-end reports are now available in Analytics for WebPT EMR + Billing Members. Click here to learn more about these reports and answers to frequently asked questions.
Analytics - Changed Title of “Insurance Class Aging Summary” Report: The existing Insurance Class Aging Summary for Month End Reports in Analytics is being renamed to Insurance Class Aging Minus Liens and Credits to more accurately reflect which RevFlow (R4) report it is replacing. This will be reflected in the Analytics menu and on the report page itself for WebPT EMR + WebPT Billing Members. Click here to learn more.
Analytics - Included Insurance Class Aging Summary in Month End Reports: The Analytics portal for Month End reports now includes Insurance Class Aging Summary (equivalent to InsClass Aging by Current Insurance in RevFlow (R4). This is different from the existing Insurance Class Aging Summary, which will be renamed to Insurance Class Aging Minus Liens and Credits. The Insurance Class Aging Summary will include liens and credits. This report will only cover the initial panel in InsClass Aging by Current Insurance in RevFlow (R4). A separate report named Insurance Class Aging Detail will cover the details. This is the RevFlow (R4) report that’s being replaced in Analytics. (applicable for WebPT EMR + WebPT Billing Members)
September 29, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Prevented Duplicate Charges from Charge Review Summary: Duplicate charges will no longer occur when two users, in the same Location, are Releasing Charges from Charge Review Summary. When more than one user clicks the 'Release Charges' button at the same time, an alert (shown below) will popup on the page.
September 22, 2021 at 9:00 PM PT
Enabled Single Sign On: Members can now link their WebPT EMR and Billing accounts to create a seamless login experience. Click here to learn more.
September 21, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Converted Reports: The following reports have been converted from RevFlow (R4) to WebPT Billing and can be accessed from the Reports menu. The reports will be available for all Roles that had access in RevFlow and select Self Service roles.
- Payments by Location report
- Adjustments by Location report
- Timed Untimed by Insurance Class report
- Payment/Adjustment Summary Report
Converted Payment/Adjustment Summary Report: The Payment/Adjustment Summary report has been converted from R4 to WebPT Billing and is under the Reports menu. This report is available for all Roles that had access in R4 and select Self Service roles.
September 9, 2021 at 3:30 PM PT
- The Payment Balance report was corrected to show all payments that pertain to a date of service regardless if that service was performed by a user that belongs to the current user's company. This will allow accurate balance payments data to display.
- Previously, the Location filter on the Charge Audit page wasn't filtering as correctly for Self Service Members. This issue has been resolved and charges will filter by location as intended.
September 7, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Previously, when posting an INSOVER on the Error Corrections page, the original Procedure was being overwritten and inactivated causing duplicate payments under a different Procedure. This has since been corrected.
Added Patient Credits to Patient Statement Generation: Previously, patient credits weren’t taken into consideration when determining if a patient should receive a statement which resulted in patients receiving statements with a negative balance due. This process has been corrected and any patient with a balance due—after patient credits are applied—less than $5.00 will not receive a statement.
August 31, 2021 at 4:00 PM PT
Corrected WebPT EMR + Billing Single Sign-On: Previously Members experienced an issue establishing Single Sign-On (SSO) from the WebPT EMR to WebPT Billing. Ultimately, users received an error message that the accounts were already paired because login information was not entered quick enough. This issue has been resolved and users will have significantly more time to enter login credentials and therefore no longer receive the error message.
August 26, 2021 at 4:30 PM PT
- Previously, when a patient statement batch was reset, not all of the finance/interest charges were revered which led to duplicated finance charges. This issue has been resolved and the batch will reset as intended for Self Service users.
- Previously, Self Service Members encountered issues when generating a large patient statement file. We’ve made some performance updates and the generation time has been reduced by about 40%.
August 19, 2021 at 4:50 PM PT
Enhanced Patient Statement Capabilities: Self Service Admin Members with access to the Company Page can now set the number of patient statement batches that they want each month: 1, 2, or 4. Batches are grouped by Responsible Party's Last Name and are reflected by a new Select Batch drop-down on the Patient Statements page. This feature is helpful for companies with large patient volume and can help spread phone calls related to patient statements throughout the month.
Relocated Patient Header Icons: The icons in the Patient Header were moved to the middle of the screen to be more visible. Additionally, when a patient is in collections, their name will turn red for an easy visual indication.
August 17, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
D-10664 – Previously, when posting an INSOVER on the Error Corrections page, the original Procedure was being overwritten and inactivated causing duplicate payments under a different Procedure. This has since been corrected.
D-10663 – Previously, Partner users were unable to search for Roles when trying to add or edit a user. This has since been corrected.
August 10, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
Added Page Access: The following roles (typically used by RevServe companies) now have access to the 835 Company Summary page and 835 Search page:
- Practice Admin
- Practice Admin Billing
- Front Office Billing
- Front Office Data Entry
- Front Office Staff
- Partner Admin
- Partner CSR and Payment Poster
- Partner Customer Service Representative
- Partner Payment Poster
August 3, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Unassigned Payments Updates: On the Unassigned Payments page, the Insurance field is now required when entering a payment. When entering a Patient payment, tabbing over the field without selecting an option will automatically default the field to Patient, as this is the most common. After adding a payment, users will default to the Patient Quick Search and the Deposit Date will remain for quicker payment posting.
Printable 835s: Alignment and NPI: When viewing the printable 835 from the Release 835s page, the line items were not aligned properly with the column headers. This has since been corrected. Additionally, the provider's NPI will also display if available.
Reset 835s: Transfer Balance Back to the Payer: Previously, when an 835 was reset, the balance was not transferred back to the listed payer. This caused a discrepancy on patient statements if the 835 was not re-posted prior to statement generation. This has since been corrected.
Incorrect POS Displaying When Demanding Claims: When Demanding Claims in Billing ( R6 ) the Place Of Service ( 02 ) location is not displaying when it is selected in the notes it will show POS ( 11 ). This works correctly in RevFlow (R4) and with this release, it will work in WebPT Billing (R6).
Claim Delay Status for Missing Auth Update: When a charge is on Claim Delay for missing an authorization, when the authorization is added directly into WebPT Billing, if the charge is selected to Rebill, then the item will disappear from the page and will be set to a "B" status to reprocess. If the rebill is NOT checked, the item will remain on the page in an "L" status until it goes back through processing to be reset.
Defect Resolved — Payment Log Not Loading to Print: Previously, a patient's Payment Log might not fully load when trying to print. This has since been corrected.
Defect Resolved — GP Modifiers Not Displaying When Demanding Claims: Members need to be able to demand Claims and the GP modifier display on the claim if the Apply Specialty Modifiers is selected for that particular insurance.
Defect Resolved — Payments Release 835s Screen Goes Blank: In Billing on the Release 835s page, when a user would click the Clear button, the page would not fully refresh and users would have to navigate away and come back. This has since been corrected.
Defect Resolved — Account Out of Balance (Deleting Charge with Balance Type P): When more than one charge existed for a patient, and some of the charge amounts were transferred to the patient, then a charge was deleted, the patient amount was not always being calculated correctly. Updates were added to ensure that the balance is correct when multiple updates were done to charges and then a charge is deleted.
Defect Resolved — Error Message in Claim Delay Report: In RevFlow, certain users were seeing an error on the Claim Delay report when drilling down. This has been corrected. This update will occur on August 5, 2021.
Defect Resolved — Open Zero Payments, Cannot Close Payments: Certain users were unable to close payments via the Open Zero Payments page and were given an error. An update was made to correct the issue and will occur on August 5, 2021.
July 20, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Incomplete Constant Report in WebPT Billing: For Locations with the Place of Service Identifier set as Home, the address fields are no longer required to mark the Location as complete. Click here to learn more about billing locations.
- Previously, when trying to update the Small Balance Adjustment Code field on the Admin > Company page, Patient Information card, the updated selection was not saving. This is now corrected.
- The ability to add new rules is now available for all users that have access to the Add/Edit Payer Rules page.
- An update has been made to the Authorization Tracking report so that the Amount Used value appears correctly.
- Social Security Numbers with leading zeroes can now be entered.
- On Attorney Statements, the Dates of Service were not printing in the correct order. This has been corrected, and they are now printing in descending order.
- Previously, on Payments > Batch Adjustments > Standard Adjustment option, when a user would enter a 0.00 Allowed amount, the Adjustment amount was not calculating correctly. This is now corrected.
- A code update was made when recalculating the amount on the ledger full when a case had an amount greater than zero but no active visit and charge for that case. (This update will occur on July 22, 2021.)
July 15, 2021 at 4:25 PM PT
Implemented Live Chat: Members can now reduce the delay in addressing their questions by chatting with the WebPT Billing Support team right from the Dashboard instead of calling or sending an email. Live Chat is accessible by clicking in the top-right corner of WebPT Billing. (Please note: The Icon will only be available when agents are online from 8:00 AM–8:00 PM PT.) If the Live Chat icon isn’t viewable, refer to your company's policy.
July 7, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT
- Previously, total columns appeared as $0.00 when Members ran Unbilled Aging as Primary. This issue has been resolved and total dollar amounts will correctly display.
July 6, 2021 at 5:30 PM PT
- Previously, when a user used the Multiple Entry option on the Batch Payments page, the balance amounts didn’t transfer correctly when posted. This issue has been resolved and the balance amounts will reflect the correct amount based on payments posted.
- Previously, when a transaction failed because of a deadlock, an exception message displayed on the Billing Exception report and said, “ "Case history failed for case Id 19084028 having original case Id 19036726 and exception message Transaction (Process ID 936) was deadlocked on lock...". Additionally, the user was unable to proceed to the next page to press the Reprocess button. This issue has been resolved and when the message appears on the Billing Exception report, the user will be able to reprocess the transaction.
Enhanced Release 835s Page: The Search Criteria box is now collapsible on the Release 835s page to provide more visibility of the results. Additionally, the box will collapse when a search is executed and leading or trailing spaces will be removed after pasting a check number to ensure an accurate search.
Updated Billing Register: The Method Billed field on the Billing Register is now required in order for billers to more quickly perform workflows. Additionally, the Case name and associated ID are now available in the Details section.
Added Access to Payment Search Page: Partner CSR and Payment Poster roles can now access the Payment Search page in WebPT Billing.
June 29, 2021 at 6:00 PM PT
- Previously, Self Pay Payments and Adjustments values were incorrectly reset. We've made updates to the process. However, the team is continuing additional analysis to ensure no other issues are found. Additional release notes will be provided at the final resolution of this issue.
- Previously, some charges on the Delayed Claims report displayed in an L status, but didn't have a Claim Delay Reason. This occurred when a charge had been on Claim Delay for a missing authorization before it was received. When the reason was removed, the the status remained in L status, causing the charge to appear on the report with no reason. This issue has been resolved and all charges with an L status will have a corresponding Claim Delay Reason.
June 22, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Enhanced Released 835s Report: Error Reports will now open in a new tab from the Released 835s report. Additionally, the ability to print Error Reports has been added.
Enhanced Patient Quick Search: Users can now simply click on the “Search for patient text” on the Patient Search Bar. Previously, users could only click on the magnifying glass.
- Previously, the application incorrectly left a $0.01 Transfer Amount on the final charge line entered on the Batch Payments page. This issue has been resolved and $0.01 will not be left to transfer to Patient/Insurance.
- Previously, when users saved postings by using the keyboard Enter key on the Batch Payments/Adjustments pages, duplicate postings would sometimes occur. This issue has been resolved and duplicate postings will not occur when using the Enter key to save.
June 8, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Updated Payment Pages: The following Payment pages now have the ability to sort and filter on a column that the results have already been grouped by:
- Payment Balancing
- Payment Balancing - Full Access
- Payment Audit Summary
- Payment Audit Summary - Full Access
- My Payment Activity
After a column has been grouped, users can use the Group By tag to further sort the results. Additionally, the main column header on the table gives users access to filter options.
Renamed Batch Billing Page: The Batch Billing page has been renamed to Batch Claims and will be reflected on the Dashboard. Additionally, the Payer Group and Company search fields have been switched because available Payer Groups are dependent on the Company selected.
Renamed User Roles: The following user roles have been renamed from Software Only to Self Service. This has no impact on user permissions or workflows.
- Self Service Admin
- Self Service Manager
- Self Service Front Office
- Self Service AR Specialist
- Self Service Payment Poster
- Self Service Claims Mgmt
- Previously, if a Date of Injury wasn’t entered in the WebPT EMR, it would appear in WebPT Billing as 1/1/1900. This has since been corrected and no value displays if it’s not included in the WebPT EMR.
- Previously, when a user tried to edit a visit without available charges the error message was unclear on the Charge Review and Charge Audit pages. This issue has been resolved and when there are no editable charges, the error message will display, “There are no available charges on the visit to edit”.
- Previously, the Created By date on cases was incorrectly updated to the current date when a user updated or re-saved the case. This issue has been resolved and the Created By date will no longer update to the current date.
- Previously, on Batch Payments/Adjustments pages, the Adjustment Code drop-down would overflow if the user had multiple computer monitors. Additionally, the Adjustment Code descriptions that were too wide for the width of the drop-down menu, wouldn’t appear as intended. These issues have been resolved and the Adjustment Code drop-down will appear as intended and full descriptions can be viewed by hovering over the text.
- Previously, when a statement note was deleted or replaced with spaces when entered at the Place of Service level, the application would use the value to print on the statement and resulted in a blank field. This issue has been corrected and the Place of Service level will only be included if it has an actual value. Additionally, if no note exists at the Place of Service level, the application will link to the Company/Clinic page.
May 25, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
- Previously, Members received a blank page when running Patient Statements due to large amounts of data. This issue has been resolved and the txt file will no longer be blank when run. This eliminates the need to periodically reset statements in order to produce the file.
May 20, 2021 at 4:15 PM PT
Updated Charge and Case Edits: Updates were made to stop Cases and Charges being left in an incorrect state. Previously, when an edit to a Case came into RevFlow or WebPT Billing, an internal process was completed to create a new case and make the old case and old charges inactive while adding them to the new case. However, if a system issue occurred in the middle of the process, some of the steps were missed. With this code update, either all steps will complete or none will.
- Previously, an issue occurred that caused Patient Statements in Waystar to not capture payments using the following Charge Types: Credit Card, Coinsurance, Deductible, and Payment on Account. This issue has been resolved and all payment types will appear in the payment section of the Patient Statements.
- Previously, there was an issue that caused charges from the WebPT EMR to not populate in Billing. This issue has been resolved and charges should populate as intended.
May 18, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
- Previously, the Statement Return Address Same as Company checkbox on thePatient Statement Information card didn’t update correctly after a user checked/unchecked the box. This issue has been resolved and the checkbox will update as intended.
- Previously, when a user clicked the Check/EFT Number hyperlink and opened the Release 835 in a printable format, the page resulted in longer load times. This issue has been resolved and performance has been optimized to reduce load times by almost 50%.
- Previously, charges in L Status didn’t appear on the Delayed Claims page (path: Billing > Delayed Claims). This issue has been resolved and all claims will appear on the page.
- An error was found on the Batch Billing page—formerly known as the Formatter—that prevented users from pulling claims. This issue has been resolved and the page will now process paper batches correctly.
May 11, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Corrected Charge Duplication Error: Previously, charges were duplicated when multiple users accessed and saved the same patient at the same time. In order to prevent charge duplication, if a user tries to save outdated data, an error will display and advise the user to refresh the page to get current data. The following pages received this:
- Batch Payments
- Batch Adjustments
- Edit Payments
- Batch Updates
- Claim Indicator
- Error Corrections
Click here to learn more about how the error is generated and how to resolve the alert.
Updated Provider Page Billing Settings: Inactive Billing Settings for providers are now hidden by default to streamline workflow. Users can click the “Show Inactive” checkbox to view settings not currently in use.
- Previously, users were unable to save a patient's case when one or more of the insurances was the same, even if the “Subscriber Active” checkbox was unchecked. This issue has been resolved, and an error will only appear when “Subscriber Active” is checked on multiple insurance cards with the same insurance code.
May 6, 2021 at 4:15 PM PT
Converted Batch Adjustments Page: The Add Adjustments and Group Adjustments pages have been combined into a singular multi-functional page named Batch Adjustments. The page has also been converted to the WebPT Billing format in order to have a better and more consistent experience. Click here to learn more.
Converted Batch Payments Page: The Batch Payment page (formerly known as the Formatter Home Page)—used to view and print claims in a batch—has been converted to the WebPT Billing format in order to have a better and more consistent experience. Click here to learn more.
Converted the Error Corrections Page: The Payments > Error Corrections page has been updated to the WebPT Billing look and feel. This page can be used to make corrections or changes to payments and adjustments made on a patient’s account. Click here to learn more.
Converted Edit Payments Page: The Edit Payments page has been converted to the WebPT Billing format. This page allows billers to make corrections to several payment lines at once, such as adding a check number. Click here to learn more.
Converted Charge Case Transfer Page: The Charge-Case Transfer page has been converted to the WebPT Billing format. This page allows billers to transfer Dates of Service to a different case, removing the need to delete and re-enter charges. Members will be notified in-app. Click here to learn more.
Updated Ledger Visit: When viewing the Ledger Visit for a patient in WebPT Billing, users can now view associated 835s in three different views:
- Full 835 - Shows the full 835
- Patient Only - Shows everything on the 835 related to the selected patient
- Visit Only - Shows everything on the 835 for the selected Date of Service
This is very useful when sending paper claims to secondary insurance when billers need to attach the primary adjudication information. Click here to learn more.
Previously, If an insurance’s “Insurance Class” on a charge flowing from the WebPT EMR into WebPT Billing wasn’t present in WebPT Billing, then the charge wouldn’t show on the Release Claim Delay page in WebPT Billing. This issue has been resolved, and the insurance class will default to PW in these situations so that charges are no longer missing from that page.
Previously, check amounts weren’t appearing correctly after a Check Number on the Released 835s page was clicked. This issue has been resolved, and the correct check amount will now display.
April 20, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Updated Providers Page: Users with access to the Providers page are now able to hide inactive Billing Settings. This is useful for providers with a large number of settings.
Corrected Charge Duplication Error: Previously, charges were duplicated when multiple users accessed and saved the same patient at the same time. In order to prevent charge duplication, if a user tries to save outdated data, an error will display and advise the user to refresh the page to get current data. The following pages received this:
- View Charges
- Charge Audit
- Charge Review
- Release Claim Delay
Added POS Identifier: The POS (Place of Service) Identifier of 19 for Off Campus-Outpatient Hospital is now available for selection in WebPT Billing.
- Previously, the Delayed Claims page didn't display all items that were previously found in RevFlow (R4). This issue has been resolved and the page will display all items as intended.
April 15, 2021 at 4:15 PM PT
Updated Pages: The following pages have been updated to provide additional information.
- Procedure Codes: Four new columns will display to the left of the Procedure Code ID field.
- Payers: Nine new columns will display to the left of the Payer ID field.
- Insurance Classes: Four new columns will display to the left of the Insurance Class ID field.
- Insurances: Four new columns will display to the left of the Insurance ID field.
- Locations: Two new columns will display to the left of the Location ID field.
Converted Demand Claims Page: The Billing > Demand Claims page has been converted from RevFlow (R2) to the WebPT Billing format and enhanced.
Converted Patient Statement Log: The Patient Statement Log has been converted from RevFlow (R2) to the WebPT Billing format.
Converted Charge Edit Rules Page: The Charge Edit Rules page has been converted to the WebPT Billing format and renamed as Correct Coding Initiative. This page allows billers to see—but not edit—the active NCCI rules in WebPT Billing.
- Previously, when a patient had multiple Daily Notes for the same DOS on the same case in the WebPT EMR and the Authorization was in WebPT Billing prior to or with the first Daily Note, Visit Authorizations didn’t attach to all of the subsequent charges. This issue has been resolved and the Authorization will attach to all charges.
- Previously, if WebPT Billing experienced issues or slowness, transactions weren’t always processed in the correct order and sometimes caused the referring physician to be excluded. This issue has been resolved and transactions will now be processed in the correct order.
April 6, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Updated Dashboard: In order for Billers to quickly access their clearinghouse’s website and work rejections, a new item titled Rejections has been added to the Claims (Daily) card. Click here for step by step instructions to update the clearinghouse website. Additionally, the Incomplete Constants item has been moved to the top of the Claims (Weekly) card.
March 24, 2021 at 9:00 PM PT
Authorization by Units Enhancement: WebPT EMR + WebPT Billing Memners will now be able to choose units or visits when adding an Authorization to a case. Unit Authorizations will flow from the WebPT EMR to WebPT Billing the same way as Visit Authorizations do. And better yet, Secondary Unit and Visit Authorizations will also integrate. However, please note: Members utilizing SOAP 2.0 will be able to use new tracking features and alerts for Unit Authorizations for both Primary and Secondary Insurances. Click here to learn more about the Unit Authorizations enhancement and click here to learn more about Authorizations alerts and reporting.
March 23, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Updated Patient Quick Search: The Patient Search has been enhanced to allow a patient's first and last name to be entered. Previously, searching the full name didn’t bring up any results.
Updated Payer Rules: Previously, billers had to set up Payer Rules in order to close 835s that were not going to be posted. Now, 835s can be closed without Payer Rules set up.
March 20, 2021 at 9:00 PM PT
- Previously, the total number of claims on the Batch Billing page didn’t match the detail page. This issue has been resolved and the same total number will be displayed on each page.
March 18, 2021 at 4:25 PM PT
Added Auto Updates for Authorizations: Previously, late authorizations had to be manually attached to the appropriate charges. Now, late authorizations will automatically be attached to charges on claim delay for missing authorizations. Please note: This feature only works with authorizations sent through the WebPT EMR. If the authorization has already flowed over to WebPT Billing, making an update to the authorization in the WebPT EMR will cause the authorization to go back through to WebPT Billing and attach to charges on claim delay for missing authorizations. To update an authorization, change the number of authorizations (e.g., from 99 visits to 98 visits). As soon as that is filed, you can change the number back to 99. All new authorizations after this feature is made active will work as detailed.
Added WebPT Billing Dashboard: The WebPT Billing Dashboard is now available. This new homepage provides each user with access to convenient page links they use most based on their role. Please note: Recommended pages are suggestions based on proven workflows and each specific company may have different workflows.
March 15, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
- After the release on March 9, 2021, the Reprocess and Remove options were removed on the Billing Exceptions report. This issue has been resolved and the options will appear on the report as intended.
- Previously, 835s had issues being viewed after the release on March 9, 2021. This issue has been resolved and users will be able to view 835s again.
March 9, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Added Alt Record ID to Providers Page: In order to determine proper mapping more quickly, a provider’s Alt Record ID will now appear on the results table of the Providers page.
- Previously, when a user edited a charge on the View Charges page, the Status incorrectly updated to Pended (P). This issue has been resolved, and charges—excluding R and T status— will appropriately update to the Scrubbing Required (D) status.
- Previously, when a user left an Insurance Class or Insurance Code section blank on a Provider’s Billing Settings, the application assigned a default value that could be seen on the Provider Credentialing List. This issue has been resolved and the application won’t assign an Insurance Class or Insurance Code to the blank sections.
- After the Provider column was added to the Charge drill down on the Billing Exceptions report, users couldn’t reprocess specific exceptions and received an error. This issue has been resolved and an error message will no longer display.
- Previously, when a payment was added for a previous date and an authorization was added/edited in the WebPT EMR, a duplicate case was created in WebPT Billing. This issue has been resolved and updated EMR authorizations are updated in WebPT Billing.
- Previously, units incorrectly displayed with a dollar sign ($) when a user drilled down to DOS (Date of Service) from the Ledger Visit. This issue has been resolved and the dollar sign has been removed.
- When a user hovered over the CARC code on the Ledger Visit and Ledger Full, the associated description didn’t appear in the popup box. This issue has been resolved and the code description will now display as intended.
February 23, 2021 at 7:00 PM PT
Updated Place of Service Codes: Place of Service Codes with one digit (i.e., 3 for School) have been updated to save with a leading zero (i.e., 03) in order to properly save and bill out correctly in WebPT Billing.
- Previously, the date sorting was corrected on the Payment Audit Summary pages WebPT Billing and no longer grouped payments together. This issue has been resolved and payments will be bundled together as they previously were.
February 19, 2021
Converted RevFlow Pages to WebPT Billing UI: The following pages were converted from RevFlow to WebPT Billing in order for Members to have a better and more consistent experience.
- Add/Edit Payer Rules page: (Path: Payments > Add/Edit Payer Rules).
- Open Zero Payments report (Path: Denial Management > Open Zero Payments).
February 9, 2021
Updated Authorizations: When manually editing a case, authorizations will now pre-assign to the visits it can cover. Unit Authorizations will now attach to the appropriate charges and previously attached authorizations will stay attached to those charges. Click here to learn more.
Enhanced Add Charges Page: Users can now locate a desired case by typing the case name or using the drop-down on the Add Charges page.
Updated Attorney Statements: Attorney Statements have been moved from the Reports to the Billing menu. The page will now display every patient with an open charge and when a statement is generated, a note will be added to the patients account indicating that the statement was generated. Click here to learn more.
- Previously, the Provider column wouldn’t always populate when drilled down into a Charge on the Billing Exceptions report. This issue has been resolved and the Provider column will populate.
February 4, 2021
Added Monthly Collection by Deposit Date Report: The Monthly Collection by Deposit Date Report is now available in WebPT Billing (Path: Reports > Monthly Collection by Deposit Date) for Members.
January 26, 2021
Enhanced Unassigned Payments Page: Users can now enter negative amounts into the Amount field of the Additional Payments section of the Unassigned Payments page. This will allow users to transfer money between patients without deleting payments made and a clean trail to follow.
Updated Follow-Up Activity Report: Users can now search by any company that they have access to on the Follow-Up Activity Report—instead of having to switch between companies to get information.
Updated Sort Results: The sort order for the following pages has been updated to be alphabetized by default:
- Admin > Insurances
- Sorted by Insurance Name
- Admin > Insurance Classes
- Sorted by Insurance Class Description
- Admin > Locations
- Sorted by Location Description
- Admin > Practices
- Sorted by Practice Description
- Admin > Providers
- Sorted by Provider Code
- Admin > Referral Sources
- Sorted by Source Description
Enhanced Ledger Full: From the Ledger Full, billers can now hover over a CARC (Claim Adjustment Reason Code) to see the description and better determine the action to be taken.
- Previously, an Error Finding Session message displayed when accessing a RevFlow (R2) embedded page. This issue has been resolved and an error should no longer appear.
January 21, 2021
Corrected Duplicate Cases: Previously, duplicate cases were created when the Insurance field was blank for a patient in WebPT Billing. This issue has been resolved and a new insurance record will be created when an Insurance field is blank in order to stop duplication for this instance.
- Search by patient
- Search for visits that contain a specific Procedure Code
- View patient information in a better layout
- View Modifier 3
- Inline update specific fields on appropriate charges
- Edit an entire visit with a single click instead of manually selecting each charge line
Updated Charge Audit Summary Format: The Charge Audit Summary has been updated to the WebPT Billing format. This page can be used to view all charges entered in WebPT Billing based on a time period selected.
January 16, 2021
- Previously, an error displayed when billers created or updated Dynamic Patient Letters. This issue has been resolved and an error message will no longer appear.
January 12, 2021
Added Ability to Sort by Date on Pages: All date columns can now be sorted chronologically on the following pages:
- Patient >Visit Log
- Patient >Authorization Tracking
- Billing >No Patient Statement Listing
- Billing >Patient Statement Listing
- Reports >EMR Payment Summary
- Admin >Company
- Admin >Schedule Month End
- Payments > Insurance Overpayment Summary
- Payments > My Payment Activity
- Payments > Payment Audit Summary
- Payments > Payment Balancing
- Payments > Payment Productivity
- Payments > Payment Tracking Summary
- AR Follow-up > Patient Balances
- AR Follow-up > Patient Credits Report
- AR Follow-up > Patients in Collections
Added Field Requirements for EMR Integration: When a patient is added/edited in WebPT Billing, the patient's First Name and Last Name must now meet the following requirements, which match the requirements in the WebPT EMR:
- 2 characters minimum
- 1st character must be alphabetical
- Remaining characters can be alpha-numeric, spaces, hyphens, periods, quotes (single and double), or commas
- Max length: 50 characters
Updated Release 835s Page: In order for the Release 835s page to be utilized better, the following updates have been made to the page:
- After selected 835s are sent to process, the Deposit Date and Batch Number will be retained;
- Error Reports now open in a new browser;
- Processed 835s now appear in the Error Report section without having to refresh the; and page
Improved Payer Search: In order to more easily add/edit insurances, WebPT Billing users can now quick search for a Payer using the associated Outbound ID in the Payer Description field.
Optimized Billing Exception Report: In order to optimize the experience while using WebPT Billing, columns were re-ordered in the Billing Exceptions Report to provide a better presentation of relevant information. For Charge exceptions, a new column for Provider was added. Click here to learn more about the Billing Exceptions report.
Added Print/Export Options to Claim: The ability to print/export has been added to the Payments > Claim Adjustment Reason Codes - Company Payer Override page in WebPT Billing. Click here to learn more about the Claim Adjustment Reason Codes - Company Payer Override page.
- Previously, the print option encountered issues and didn’t pick up Opened EOBs from the Release 835 page. This issue has been resolved and the printable 835 page will print with the Opened EOBS.
- Previously, the incorrect Payer Group appeared under Case Details in a patient’s account. This issue has been resolved and the appropriate Payer Group is now displayed.
- Previously, the Admin > Insurances page displayed 800 results. Now, the Insurances page allows 5,000 results to be displayed.
- Previously, an error message occurred when a user attempted to create the Patient Statement file on the Billing > Patient Statements page because the Month field wasn’t manually selected. This issue has been resolved and the Patient Statement file will generate as intended.
December 29, 2020
Claim Adjustment Reason Codes - Company Payer Override Access: The Claim Adjustment Reason Codes - Company Payer Override page allows users to change how specific adjustment reasons for each payer post during the Release 835 process. Access is now available for the following user roles: Self-Service Admin and Self-Service Manager. Click here to learn more.
December 17, 2020
- Previously, when a tab character was included in a patient’s secondary insurance address field in the WebPT EMR, the secondary insurance didn’t populate on the case in RevFlow (R2/R4) and WebPT Billing. This issue has been resolved and the secondary insurance will now populate from the WebPT EMR.
December 16, 2020
Converted Patient Statements Page to WebPT Billing UI: The Patient Statements page has been converted from RevFlow to WebPT Billing in order for Members to have a better and more consistent experience.
December 10, 2020
Updated Provider Page: The Provider page (Path: Admin > Provider) has a new look. Previously, users had to enter each provider-specific billing setting on its own line. Now, multiple billing settings can be added to one line in WebPT Billing using the multi-select menu. Please note: If a you use RCM services, there is no change to your workflow and should continue to notify RCM when there are changes to provider credentialing information. Click here to learn more.
December 8, 2020
Added Subscriber Middle Initial: The Insured Party middle initial for a patient's primary and secondary insurance will now integrate from the WebPT EMR to WebPT Billing/RevFlow. This will help when an insurance requires the subscriber's middle initial to process claims. This does not affect historical data and will only integrate when a patient is added/edited in the EMR.
- Previously, some Members saw missing patient information from the WebPT EMR on the Billing Exceptions report because there was an unrelated character tab found in the fields. The unrelated character tab has been removed, and the data will now flow correctly into the Billing Exceptions report.
November 23, 2020
- Previously, some Members experienced duplicated claims in WebPT Billing because certain claims were reset to a status that caused them to be reprocessed. This issue has been resolved and claims will no longer be duplicated.
November 17, 2020
Added Patient Middle Name Integration: When a patient’s middle name is either added or removed in the WebPT EMR, the middle initial will now reflect in WebPT Billing. This will reduce manual entry of patient information required for billing.
Added Patient ID to Charge Review Search Criteria: In order for Members to search for charges by a patient’s ID on the Charge Review page, Patient ID has been added as a search criteria. Click here to learn more about the Charge Review page.
Updated Charge Review to Display All CPT Codes: When a Member searched by CPT code on the Charge Review page, only one line item for that particular code displayed. Now, all line items associated with a CPT code will display when a Member searches by a particular CPT code.
- Previously, when a tab character was included in the Insurance Address fields in the WebPT EMR, the data imported incorrectly into WebPT Billing. This issue has been resolved and all Insurance Address fields will accurately flow over.
November 12, 2020
Improved Performance for Follow-Up Activity Report: The stored procedure for the Follow-Up Activity report (Path: AR Follow Up > Follow-Up Activity Report) was optimized for improved performance. Data results are not affected by this improvement.
Improved Performance for Payment Productivity Report: The stored procedure for the Payment Productivity report (Path: Payments > Payment Productivity) was optimized for improved performance. Data results are not affected by this improvement.
November 3, 2020
Removed Demanded Claims List: The Demand Claims List item has been removed from the navigation menu and can now be accessed through the Billing Register (Path: Billing > Billing Register).
Added 835 Link to Ledger Visit: In order to streamline workflows, printable 835s can now be accessed from the Ledger Visit so Members can easily view missing remits without the need to navigate to other reports.
Added Method Billed Filter to Billing Register: A “Billed Method” filter has been added to the Billing Register so billing users can quickly find and filter the method charges were billed by (e.g., batch, demand, or both).
October 29, 2020
Added Duplicate Payment Summary Report: The Duplicate Payment Summary report is now available with the same look and feel as the other WebPT Billing pages.
October 24, 2020
- Previously, a patient’s guarantor phone number was saved in an incorrect format and resulted in claims on the Rejection Report. This issue has been resolved and the guarantor phone number will save correctly and not affect claims.
October 8, 2020
- Previously, when all paper claims were printed by RCM WebPTers from the Formatter page, Self-Service company’s claims were included in the run set. In order for Self-Service companies to print their own claims, these claims will no longer be included inside of run sets.
September 29, 2020
Enhanced Released 835s Error Report: The Error Report (path Payments > Released 835s) will now open as a movable popup modal allowing Members the ability to access other areas in WebPT Billing while working errors.
Added Third Modifier to FlowFrom the WebPT EMR: Previously, only two modifiers flowed through the WebPT EMR integration to WebPT Billing or RevFlow. Now, the third integrated modifier is available in WebPT Billing or RevFlow if it is entered in the WebPT EMR.
- Previously, the search button on the Charge Review page did not refresh when selecting a New Location and remained on the same page from the original search results. This issue has been resolved and the page search will refresh when selecting a different location.
- The date of service displayed twice on the Ledger Visit report and the dollar amounts were incorrect. This issue has been resolved and the report will now display a unique row for each date of service with the correct dollar amount for the visit.
September 17, 2020
September 15, 2020
Added “Remove in Bulk” Capability to Charge Updates Report: In order to save time and reduce entries on the Charge Updates report, Members can now remove entries in bulk without having to leave a note. Members can simply click the checkbox in the column header to select all entries, and then click the Remove button. Click here to learn more about Charge Updates.
Extended Timeout Period: In order to remain consistent with the WebPT EMR, the timeout period has been extended to two hours.
Added Incomplete Providers to Constants Page (Self-Service): Incomplete Providers will appear on the Constants page so they can be easily identified and updated. Click here to learn more.
Added New Action Note Codes: The following new Action Note codes have been added to WebPT Billing and to give Members a wider variety of choices for an added note. Click here to learn more.
- PAYPLAN: Payment Plan Set Up
- PTCOLL: Sent to Collections
- PATREF: Patient Initiated Refund
- PTFOLL: Patient Follow-Up
- PATCALL: Return Patient Call
- PATPAY: Patient Paid Balance
- Previously, Members with permission to view the Payment Balance report were unable to view it. This issue has been resolved and Members are now able to view the Payment Balance report.
September 3, 2020
Updated Follow-Up Activity Report: In order to make the Follow-Up Activity report more useful for RCM Members, the first two columns have been modified. The "Total Action Accounts" column now contains the number of accounts where the most recent note is an "Action" note and the "Actions" column now contains the number of "Action" notes created in the specified date range. Click here to learn more about the Follow-Up Activity report.
Added Note Type to Accounts Without Payment or Action Note Report: The Accounts Without Payment or Action Note report—formally the Accounts Without Payment or Status report—has been modified to allow WebPT Billing Members to track the status of unpaid monies within the RCM cycle. The report will now look for accounts without a patient payment and without a note flagged, “RCM Action”. Click here to learn more about the Accounts Without Payment or Action Note report.
August 18, 2020
Added Print All Button to Formatter Home Page: Previously, Self-Service Members had to print each claim at a time. Now, they can print all claims through the Formatter Home page by clicking the Print All button.
Added Claims Scrubbing Configurability: Members can now see scrubbing and formatting related fields on the Insurances Search Results page (Path: Admin > Insurances) so that they have visibility as to how claims are scrubbed. Click here to view the new fields that have been added.
Added Knowledge Base and Ideas Portal Links: Members can now easily access the Knowledge Base by opening the user menu and selecting Help; and when they have an idea for WebPT Billing, they can access the Ideas Portal by opening the user menu and selecting Enter Idea.
Added Note Type to Aging Detail Report: In order to track the status of unpaid monies within the RCM cycle, Members are now able to see note types in the Aging Detail report (Path: Reports > Aging > (drill-down to) Aging Detail). The note date will be the most recent action code in the Note column.
- When trying to access the Charge Updates report, the page failed to load and displayed as “in process”. This issue has been corrected and the results will display information as expected.
- Previously, inactive insurance codes were displayed on the Admin > Insurances page. This issue has been corrected and only active insurance codes within a company are visible.
- Previously, Procedure Codes were not populating correctly on the Incomplete Constants page. This issue has been corrected and only the Incomplete Procedure Codes that meet the following criteria will appear on the Incomplete Constants page: Procedure Code is blank, Description is blank, Revenue Center is blank, Charge Amount is blank/0.00, Medicare Allowable Amount is blank, and Procedure Type is blank.
August 4, 2020
Enabled New Pages: The WebPT Billing version of the Claim Indicator and Open Claims, and Batch Tasks page is now available for all companies.