When you create a new user, you specify which areas of WebPT Billing the user will be able to access. This article provides instructions on how to create a new user and set up access to the areas in WebPT Billing required for their position. Only users with Admin permissions can create new users.
Create a User
- Navigate to the Admin menu and select Users.
- To create a new user, select New.
Complete the required user information fields. Click the magnifying glass for the User Type and Role to view a list for each.
- First Name
- Last Name
- User Name: Used to log into WebPT Billing. This must be a unique ID.
- Password: Must include an Upper Case, Lower Case, Number, and Special Character.
- User Type: Dictates if the user can access one (Customer) or multiple company accounts (Partner). Note: Self-Service users must choose Partner.
- Role: Identifies which actions the user can take within the system.
- Override Charge Entry Supply: Checking this box restricts the user from entering charges other than supplies.
- Allow Outside Access: Allows the user to access the application outside of the IP Addresses included in the user’s profile.
- Is Active: Checked by default. Denotes that the user has active access to the system.
Below the general user information is App Permissions. If your database has multiple locations, you can set up the company where this user practices. Select the individual company from the list or select All. You must also select a Default company for the user. If additional permissions are needed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the permissions to assign to this user.
Note: Depending on the User Type the user has, the Select All option may be automatically chosen or unavailable.
This feature is currently unavailable.
Set Up IP Permissions
Once a user has been added, you can add IP permissions if desired. Enter the user’s IP address into the IP Address field. Be sure to include the periods. After you enter the IP address, verify that the Is Enabled dial has been moved and select Add.
Tip: To find out the user’s IP address, you need to be at the same location as the user you are setting up. Go to www.google.com and type “what is my IP” to see a list of websites that will report the user’s public IP address.
Remove User Access
When a staff member is no longer employed with your practice, inactivate their user account by unchecking the Is Active checkbox. We also recommend removing all IP Addresses, unchecking the Allow Outside Access checkbox, and changing their password for added security.
After a User has been created, set up Single Sign-On (SSO) to link the WebPT EMR and Billing accounts for quick access between the two systems. Each user must have a login for both WebPT EMR and WebPT Billing in order to use SSO. For more information about setting up your SSO, review the WebPT EMR Single Sign-On (SSO) article.