Claim Adjustment Reason Codes - Company Payer Override
The Claim Adjustment Reason Codes - Company Payer Override page allows you to change how specific adjustment reasons for each payer post during the Release 835 process.
- If you receive a [Reason Code] Adjustment Excluded (i.e. CO-50 adjustment excluded) on your Release 835 error report, you can choose to have that adjustment automatically post for that payer on all future 835s. By updating the posting rules, you can reduce the number of errors encountered and speed up your 835 payment posting process.
- Alternatively, if you notice an adjustment is posting for a specific payer, and you don’t want that adjustment to post, you can use the same steps to ensure those adjustments don't post and display on your error report.
Updating Adjustment Reason Code Posting Behavior
- Navigate to Payments and select Claim Adjustment Reason Codes - Company Payer Override.
- Click New.
- Use the Search icon to locate the Claim Adjustment Reason Code.
- Next, locate the Payer.
- Is Excluded Checkbox:
- Check the Is Excluded checkbox if you do not want the adjustment to automatically post for this reason code and payer. This means it will appear on your Error Report.
- Uncheck the Is Excluded checkbox if you want the adjustment to post. This means it won't appear on your Error Report.
- Click Save.
- You’ll receive a confirmation message.
Updating the Payer Override
If you need to remove an override, open the record and uncheck the Is Active checkbox, click Save.