Add and Edit a Referral Type
Create Referral Types to group together similar Referral Sources. For example, you can create a Marketing referral type to track referrals sources generated through marketing practices. You will assign a Referral Type to each Referral Source you create.
However, we recommend managing your referrals in the WebPT EMR, as there are many reporting options available for both physician and non-physician referral sources in EMR and Analytics Reporting. This provides a more complete picture than is available in Billing.
Add A Referral Type
- Navigate to the Admin menu and select Referral Types.
- Click New. Note: Clicking Search will display all Referral Types that are already in the system. We can recommend checking the list before you add a new referral source. The sources will be sorted in order by Source Description.
- Enter in a Referral Code of choice. This code can be numeric or alphabetic.
- Enter in a Referral Type Description.
- Click Save at the bottom right corner. You will then receive a confirmation message. Note: Once added, the new Referral Type will then be given a Referral Type ID by the system.
Edit A Referral Type
Use these steps to edit an existing Referral Type.
- Navigate to the Admin, menu and Referral Types.
- Enter the Referral Code or Description in the designated field, then click Search. Note: Clicking Search will pull up all existing Referral Types.
- Double-click to open the Referral Type profile.
- Edit the Referral Type Code or Referral Type Description.
- Click Save at the bottom right corner. You will then receive a confirmation message.