Referring Physician Status
Marking a physician as complete allows charges associated with that physician to bill with incomplete data. The most common use for this tool is Direct Access. Direct Access means that the patient came for services without a referral from the Primary Care Physician. Because of this, the Referring Physician does not have an NPI, thus the need to mark the profile as complete.
- Start at the Admin menu and click Referring Physician Status.
- Search for the Referring Physician by MD Code, or their First or Last Name. Click Search.
- Once the physician populates, the complete column will be blank.
- Select the box next to the MD Code and click Update at the bottom right corner. You will also receive a green confirmation message at the top of your screen.
- Once those actions are completed, the checkmark will appear under the complete column.