Procedure Code Status
Incomplete Procedure Codes appear on the Incomplete Constants report and won’t bill until the required fields are completed. However, users have the ability to mark a Procedure Code as complete in order to allow it to bill. This is useful if you need to bill an insurance for a previous Date of Service using a code that may be unacceptable per current billing rules.
- Begin by selecting Charges, then Procedure Code Status.
- Type in the Procedure Code and click Search.
- The procedure code will populate. The Complete column is blank, indicating the procedure code is incomplete.
- Select the Procedure Code by checking the box.
- Click Update in the bottom right corner.
- You'll receive a success message at the top of your screen and a checkmark appears in the Complete column.
- You will now be able to use this code for billing.