Procedure Code (Billing Exception)
The Required field Proc_Code cannot find lookup value rejection on the Billing Exceptions worklist is caused by an inactive procedure code. Let’s review how to resolve this error.
Note: Most CPT, Supply, and Cash codes are already listed in WebPT Billing as Inactive. Check to see if the code is listed as Inactive before adding a new procedure code.
Start by confirming if the procedure code is active or inactive. For this example, we used code 97164.
- Begin by going to Charges and select Procedure Codes.
- Type in the code in question in the procedure code field, check the Include Inactive box, click Search.
- The Status column will show if a code is active or inactive.
If the code is active, email firstname.lastname@example.org to allow support to further investigate the issue. Please provide the diagnosis code and the related patient account number.
- If the code is inactive, re-activate it by double-clicking on the code itself.
- Ensure you add a value for Standard Charge Amount.
- Check the Is Active box.
- Click Save at the bottom right corner.
- Return to the Billing Exceptions report and reprocess the exception(s) for that procedure code.